Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

MAFIA Discussion

Sub-boards?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have sub-boards (for BO planning and dead people discussion?)

• Yes
    • No

Yup, and I agree with Moho, we should just save our PMs somewhere external then delete the originals, that seems to be the best option.

Yup, and I agree with Moho, we should just save our PMs somewhere external then delete the originals, that seems to be the best option.

That depends entirely on if people are A. willing to do it B. won't forget to do it C. will be online enough to do it quick enough.

I suppose so, though the PM thing has a limit of... (I think) 50, I don't think it'd fill up too fast for them to not do it, I don't think they'd be away for more than a few hours. For your first point, there isn't really that much choice, over the course of a game it's very likely the amount will overspill. Point B, possibly just remind people in phase change posts...?

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

Just wondering CC, if the PM limit was increased to 100 would that make this site crash/slow down more?

Just wondering CC, if the PM limit was increased to 100 would that make this site crash/slow down more?

I'll try to answer this with my limited knowledge on server strain, etc.

If the PM limit itself, and only that, was increased to 100, I doubt the server would feel strain. However, if there was a regular exchange of PMs, and those PMs were being kept into people's inboxes, the server would be under increased strain.

DCW already experiences a great load of traffic each and every day, which explains the occasional down periods.

Personally, I believe the answer would be yes.

Unlike the DCTP forum though, we can have one conversation with thousands of messages and it'll only count as one PM. So as long as people delete their former Mafia messages from previous rounds, the 50 PM limit won't matter.

You have a limit on how many PMs you may send in a certain time?

Because DCTP had that too at the beginning XD

You can send a PM to up to 5 people at a time. You can also make that a conversation, or you can just send seperate copies.

You can send a PM to up to 5 people at a time. You can also make that a conversation, or you can just send seperate copies.

What exactly do you mean with "at a time". In 1 hour?

I know about the conversation thingy :)

But if, as a GM, you want to send out the roles, you need to send more than 5 PMs to different people at once D:

O.o... apparently there's 9 others reading this at the moment. So, well, this would work but I don't know if people would think it's worth it. If everyone gets a gmail account for Mafia, 'cause sometimes your actual emails have your name in them and it'd be easier to keep track 'cause it's all the Mafia stuff together without stressing the PM system here. If they're all gmail accounts named after your username then you could still 'PM' to get allies without it being much harder than normal. It's worth considering as a backup option I think.

EDIT: It's just occurred to me but if, for some reason, a BO or graveyard section can't be set up you could also use the google docs (that's attached to the gmail) and get a word document uploaded. Then the GM simply shares it (and allows it to be edited by) whoever is in the BO/dead. That way, to post, you'd just edit the doc and add whatever you want to say and sign your name then save it and everyone else it's shared with would see what you'd written. It is nowhere near ideal, but if the BO/graveyard section can't be set up we may need to look for alternative ways for them to discuss together (outside of adding everyone's name to an email/PM all the time).

I'm sure that a BO/Graveyard section could be set up, as long as moderators also had access to it (in case of member issues or the like). The GMail idea is a good one, though let's hope that certain people don't have their names already taken...

Guest Hajime Kindaichi

Wow its almost been a mouth with no new post about mafia, this is bad

I think we're going to put this on the backburner for a little while. There are things that take on a bit more of a priority at this point, and I feel that you're still a little too disorganized to do this (everytime someone says that you guys are ready to start this, more people come out of the woodwork with questions and concerns).

I was gonna mention the Gmail possibility, but Stoppy got ahead of me :V

Anyways, I have some recommendations over this:

1) Want to play Mafia like it is right now? Come to DCTP and sign up. Bigger games are much better! One warning though: Don't come unprepared...

2) Want to practice Mafia? There's the chance to play Mini-Mafia on IRC, in case you can't wait to play. If we gather enough players (Around 10) We usually set up one and start right away :) And again, don't come unprepared...

3) I take that not many people understood all the complicated rules of the current Mafia, which is normal cause they are extremely complex by now. My suggestion? Try with simpler rules, from old Rounds (I recommend from Rounds 7 to 12 of DCTP) I'm sure you'll understand the dynamics of the game much easier that way.

4) If anyone has any Mafia doubts about the rules or whatever, you can ask me, I'll try to answer it :)

That's all, hope we can all share a big game someday!

2) Want to practice Mafia? There's the chance to play Mini-Mafia on IRC, in case you can't wait to play. If we gather enough players (Around 10) We usually set up one and start right away :) And again, don't come unprepared...

I will highly suggest this method. One of the best ways of practice, IMO besides xpon inevitably smarting me up by killing/lynching me.