Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

East vs. West detective battle (File 778-???)

Questions about the next file  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who murdered the victim?

• Sugai Rakutoshi - glasses guy who ordered spicy curry
    • Amakasu Tooru - piercings guy who ordered spicy ramen
    • Toujou Sanpei - heavy guy who ordered spicy mapo tofu
    • One of the other customers in Danny's
    • It really was a suicide
    • It was an accident
    • Andre Camel
    • Sera Masumi
    • Heji Hattori planned it in advance in order to beat Kudo

@Tsukiko: It said something about the image extension not being allowed so I changed them to links...

And don't you think that spoilers are pretty interesting? I think the one with

Jodie and James Black

is very intruiging...

With Jodie and James Black coming into the picture, a BO appearance is probably due to follow in a few chapters.

Unless, of course, the appearance of the FBI is used in order to hint at Sera's true identity (take the Okiya appearance in the Ayumi kidnapping case for instance).

Either way, something exciting is going to happen and I can't wait!

- boxed by Chek

Well, Jodie is actually just wondering about Sera (she got the photo from agent Camel) and thinks that Sera is a boy. And I may be wrong, but I believe Sera is thinking "It seems he already made the decision..." My japanese is bad, but I'm sure about Jodies text I see.

Oh cool spoilers!

On the Sera panel, she says 決着がついたみたいだね・・・, which means "[it] looks like [the battle] has come to a conclusion . . ." (the stuff in [] I added - my understanding is that Sera thinks the Conan vs. Heiji battle has come to an end, aka either Conan or Heiji figured out the case). You're close, karan!

Also, Conan48:69 has posted a Japanese spoiler on the DCTP forum - the spoiler matches up with the pictures leaked so I'm going to trust it and post the translation here . . .

コナン 「阿部ちゃん」

Conan "Abe-chan" I think this refers to the title of the case? I'm not sure.

平次、キャメル達の会話。関西弁だから自分はお前って意味、阿部ちゃんは飴ちゃん等。→外のFBI仲間に世良の写メが届く。

Heiji, Camel & co. have a conversation. Because the Kansai dialect [is used], "self" means "you", "Abe-chan" is "Ame-chan", etc. → Picture mail of Sera sent to the FBI colleagues outside

三人に容疑者が絞られる(皆、東京生まれの東京育ち)

The suspects are narrowed down to three (all are Tokyo-born and Tokyo-raised)

須貝(39)辛いカレーを今食べた

Erm, I suck at names so I'm not even going to try. ^^;

?? (39) Ate spicy curry just now

甘粕(36)辛いラーメンをさっき食べた

?? (36) Ate spicy ramen/noodles a little while ago

東條(45)ほとんど手をつけてない麻婆豆腐、食後に食べようと思った水菓子も止めた

?? (45) Mapo tofu hardly touched, planned on eating fruits after meal but stopped

蘭、和葉、小五郎があの三人が注文した料理を食べてる所に平次とコナンが来て、ホンマにあの三人が頼んだ料理か聞くと、私の食べてるカレーと小五郎の食べてる塩ラーメンと蘭が食べてる麻婆豆腐の3品や

Conan and Heiji visit the place where Ran, Kazuha, Kogoro are eating the meal the three ordered; [Heiji, I think] asks if the meals are what the three really ordered; [Kazuha answers, I think] that the curry I'm eating, the salt ramen that Kogoro's eating, the mapo tofu that Ran's eating, (this sentence ends here)

コナン「え?ホ、ホントにその3品で合ってるの?」

Conan "Hm? [it] r-really matches with those three meals?

小五郎「ああ…正確にいえば、カレーとラーメンの2人共、その前にコーヒーやケーキを注文、麻婆豆腐の奴はデザートにフルーツを注文してたけど急にキャンセルした」

Kogoro "Yeah . . . More accurately, curry and ramen both ordered things like coffee or cake beforehand, the mapo tofu guy ordered fruits for dessert but suddenly canceled"

コナン、(なるほど…そういう事か…あの人の妙な言動も…妙な行動もうなづける…)

Conan, (I see . . . so that's what's going on . . . that person's strange speech and conduct . . . and the strange conduct can be understood* . . .)

言動 means "speech and conduct", 行動 means "conduct"

* I'm not sure what うなづける means, it's not in any dictionary anywhere that I can find, but I'm guessing that it means "can be understood"

それを見て世良(決着がついたみたいだね…)→その後ろで世良を見てるキャメル。

Sera sees this, ([it] looks like [the battle] has come to a conclusion . . .) → Camel looks at Sera from behind

Thanks justwantanaccount!

It seem like i was right and i solved the case! I just need to figure out how the phone fell into the toilet with the seat down...maybe our victim did it... :mellow:

Thanks justwantanaccount!

It seem like i was right and i solved the case! I just need to figure out how the phone fell into the toilet with the seat down...maybe our victim did it... :mellow:

by purpose? well it depends upon ur deductions

Thanks justwatanaccount for Spoiler quick translation! A Fujiwara at DCTP SpoilerBox was kind enough like you to provide much the same translation, I posted this to make an addition to your work with three suspects' names. All credits go to Fujiwara, of course. (As you guess, we have to read from bottom to top)

Fujiwara: THE END

5 Jun 11, 05:28

Fujiwara: Behind Sera, Camel watches her.

Fujiwara: cancelled." Conan, thinking: "I see, so that's how it is. That person's strange words and actions now make sense." Sera, who is watching Conan, thinking: "It seems he has come to a conclusion."

Fujiwara: Kogoro: "Yes, to be exact, it was Curry and Ramen, before that we/they(?) ordered coffee and cake and the Sichuan style bean curd was ordered with the fruits for dessert, but that suddenly got

5 Jun 11, 05:27

Fujiwara: curry, Kogoro is eating the Salt Ramen and Ran's eating the Sichaun style bean curd." Conan: "E? Do these three things really agree with each other?"

Fujiwara: Conan and Heiji walk in on Ran, Kazuha and Kogoro eating the same things the 3 suspects ordered. Conan and Heiji ask whether thats really what the 3 suspects ordered. Kazuha: "Yeah, I'm eating the

Fujiwara: his Sichuan style bean curd and changed his mind about the fruits he intended to eat afterwards.

Fujiwara: The suspects are reduced to three (all three of them born and raised in Tokyo): Sukai (39) who (just) ate spicy curry, Amakasu (36) who ate spicy Ramen earlier and Toujou (45) who has barely touched

5 Jun 11, 05:26

Fujiwara: can also mean ame-chan (candy). Meanwhile, the FBI people standing outside receive a mail with a photo of Sera.

5 Jun 11, 05:26

Fujiwara: Spoiler translation File 779: Conan, Heiji and Camel talk about Abe-chan. Because the victim spoke in the Kansai dialect "jibun" (usually refers to oneself) can also mean "omae" (you) and "abe-chan"

And my guess is that ...

So, I think Heiji just figured out a method to narrow down the range of suspects i.e he won a step forward, but he considered this an early victory over Kudo. I still have no clue about the case, it's tough without a decent knowledge of Japanese imo. But I dare to say the "strange words and action" which Conan thought about must belong to the man who ordered the fruits at first but ended up eating other dish.

@red.orchid - that's awesome, it's always better to have more translations, if only for the readers to see different versions and see for themselves if there are discrepancies and possible mistranslations.

I have to say, though, that I don't remember any spicy salt ramen. I was never an avid ramen eater, so maybe there is one out there, but both the English and Japanese Wikipedia articles for ramen don't mention anything about salt ramen being spicy. In fact the Japanese Wikipedia article specifically says that salt ramen is meant for people who dislike strong spices, hmm.

Obviously this doesn't necessarily mean that the ramen guy is the culprit, but . . . well, it's strange that s/he said that s/he ate spicy ramen when apparently s/he ordered salt ramen.

about the HP down the toilet bowl with the seats down, what im thinking is that the victim did it as a dying message. im thinking on the one that ordered mapo tofu(is it in chinese? if it is then i know what that food is :P) my reasoning is really suck but this is the only thing i can think because i dont quite get some part from justwantanaccount.. firstly, he ordered mapo tofu and some fruits, but later canceled, with the reason 'might not finish them up' or something like that. mapo tofu(if it is chinese) wont fill up your stomach =.=. so he can just eat the fruits but why he canceled? stomach ache? or maybe he needs to go to toilet to do something? that's one.

then justwantanaccount gave another spoiler. this one i can see clearly. about the salt and spicy ramen thingy... ramen is just like any other noodles. they can come in curry, or plain/ sometimes salted soup, dried, or fried (this is the most common kind of noodles found in my country, lol) but i have never seen a noodle that is spiced and salted (except the one i do. i mixed the curry and the salted soup to get more taste :P) sold in a restaurant. either he lied about what he ordered, the chef mistook his order, or he swapped his food with someone. look, about the mochi, dont you find them weird? Takagi said, there is a candy laced with sort of cyanide FOUND in his MOUTH. but there is no mochi. so i guess abe-chan is really ame-chan. even if he is talking about abe-chan, then, it is not the mochi that killed him.

The chapter's out!!! It's got a development! (though I can never figure cases out by myself, and this seems like a Tokyo/Osaka dialect thing.) Heiji is so adorkable.... Heiji is now officially my favorite character *nods* No spoilers from me, cuz you just have to read it to find out anyways!

:) DCTP has released 779 *is sounding like a PR man*. So, according to this full translation, it's clear that Hattori won Kudo a step by proving the case to be a homicide not a suicide. And he figured it out fast because the last utterance of the victim was in Kansai-ben, which is obviously familiar to him.

Hn... I find it interesting that Hattori said about 'the smug look' and that it was when Kudou figured it out, then last page with Sera being like 'He's figured it out' when Conan obviously hadn't contacted 'Shinichi-niichan' and had a pretty smug look on his face. Guess that means that Sera's further along than I had previously estimated with the entire Conan=Shinichi thing...

I think I like this case so far :lol:

Also, looks like the phone thing was intentional and wasn't an art error. Whoever thought it was linked to the case was correct then...

EDIT: Any guesses as to how Conan's going to solve it, as in d'you reckon he'll use Kogorou or give hints 'cause I'm not sure whether he'll tell Hattori at the moment considering how irritated he was with him and he doesn't usually knock out anyone when Hattori's around. Oh well, Aoyama might have Conan telling Hattori anyway...

2nd EDIT: And did anyone else liked how Aoyama showed all of Hattori's emotions, with the huge head and then the stress cross things. I'm glad it probably wont be long term but it makes a nice change and reminds me of the (anime version) of the London arc when Ran was chasing Shinichi and did that awesome shout and phone slam.

The two cases contradict itself, Mouri confirmed that Camel sealed the bathroom and rushed and stopped anyone from leaving the restaurant. Camel also stated he rushed over to the stall as soon as he heard a groan. How did the culprit force feed the victim candy (without a struggle, drop the phone in the water and place him on the toilet) without Camel noticing. Now it seems he just stopped everyone from leaving the restaurant. This is confusing, lets also not forget the victim was sitting on a closed lid toilet with his arms down. If this is true our culprit should have some type of sign he was in a struggle.

Deduction

our culprit called the victim to a specific stall in the bathroom that was next to the one he was in. He dropped a cellphone in the toilet before the victim came and closed the lid. The candy was similar to the ones he knew his friend always carried around.The victim was probably some sort of truck driver that carried candy on his long drives, by habit brought it with him to this meeting. The culprit understood his habit of eating that specific candy and had bought one similar to the victims. Next he waited for the perfect opportunity to stand over the stall, poison the victim and at the same time took his phone. Camel came after the moaning stopped and found the victim dead. Camel immediately ran out to seal off the restaurant. The culprit simply slipped out to the restaurant. Our culprit who killed the victim is none other than Amakasu Tooru! He said he ate spicy ramen but Salt ramen isn't spicy, or so i hear. This means he ordered coffee. He was sweating because he was nervous, he then smoked to relieve his anxiousness, and didn't want to be found out he had heiji's accent. If it was spicy why order coffee and keep your jacket on?(my guess is that he may be hiding something under their, like scratch marks) Notice he was smoking with his left hand but his chopsticks was on the right. This is probably because he finished his meal a long time ago and poisoned his friend with his right hand(eliminating the possibility the ramen made him sweat), and thus wanted to avoid using his right palm. Again ,I think their should also be a mark on his arm , i don't think our victim would go down without a struggle, since their was no sign of him scratching at his own neck i assume he instead grabbed the culprits arm, especially since his body was leading to the right and his eyes looking up.

edited

Oh, this chapter is way cool. Jodie didn't recognize Sera - does that mean that Sera and Akai lived apart, just like how Sayla Mass and Char Aznable lived apart? I wonder how far Gosho will take the Gundam references.

I wonder what will happen next chapter? Will Conan use his watch and deduct through Kogoro around Sera? If he does will Sera notice something? As Stopwatch noted, Sera noticed that Conan solved the case without contacting Shinichi - will Gosho have Sera figure out Conan's identity and seriously pursue a love triangle between Shinichi, Sera, and Ran??

well after the 779 file is released i am pretty sure sera is after conan's true identity but i think there something fishy with camel too

did he ever sera before?