Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

Wall Street Protests

Don't know if anyone's heard, but this is the third week of the protests, which are mainly centered around Wall Street, NYC. The protest is against all major corporations (including, but not limited to, Apple, Google, , commonly referred to as the "1% of America," as opposed to the other 99% who feel they are suffering from mortgages, minimum wages, and poverty in general.

I myself just visited it recently and picked up a copy of "The Occupied Wall Street Journal," a play on the well-known Wall Street Journal. Currently, there are supposedly around several thousand people gathering in the Liberty Plaza (Lower Manhattan) to discuss further actions against the top 400 Americans who "hoard more wealth than the 180 million Americans at the bottom."

The New York Police Department (NYPD) has been hanging around the plaza, intimidating protesters for days now. They can be seen on each and every corner. Interestingly enough, they are not attempting to arrest any of the protesters. This is probably because the act of violence has been shown to backfire on the police. Just last Saturday, during a march starting in Liberty Plaza, police arrested 23 protesters. This only brought in more crowds and media interest heightened. Many buildings around the area have been blocked off to ensure that employees can make their way to work without having to squeeze through crowds.

The movement that started in Wall Street is now moving towards other cities. Already, more than 40 cities have joined in the cause, including San Francisco, San Diego, Philadelphia, Washington, Kansas City, and Boston.

Protesters are inspired by the recent protests in other countries, including Greece, Spain, and Egypt. They feel that there is a need to stand up for this cause.

6202299164_7de4cd2013_z.jpg

So, what do you think?

Occupy Wall Street.org

Wall Street Protest Continue

Democrats Supporting "Occupy Wall Street" Protests

Just an excuse for generic hippie college students to get take some time off from school, most of these dumbasses don't even know why they're out there

Plus it's 100% astroturf, which is why SEIU is involved

And that ridiculous list of demands? Give me a break

Maybe these people should actually make themselves useful to society and occupy some charity work instead

I would prefer that we keep any political-oriented discussions off this forum. I cringed when I saw the other politics topic, and already I can tell with this topic even though there's not much discussion going on that people are gonna be butting heads, and not in a good way. Locking this topic.