Detective Conan World
Dcat

Manga character Contest (Ends July 30th)

I am making a manga and I am trying to decide on a look for the main character to have. The story will be either a mystery manga or a small fighting manga, not a ninja story. If you have an idea of a character look that is easy to draw but looks cool please post it in this forum and the best character will be chosen by a group of 4 of my friends + myself by July 30th.

• Upvote 1

SCAN0002.jpg

Took a couple of index cards and drew up an entry. Figured I'd show different expressions and angles, too. I gave him wings just because I felt like he needed them in his fighting form. (no idea why)

• Upvote 3

Is the main character male or female? What are his/her characteristics/ personality? I'll try creating a character.

I will be deciding on the character's personality after we vote on the winner according to how they look. When the winner is chosen by my friends and me, I will be pming the winner for how they felt him to be when he/she is being drawn. The character can be male or female but the story line will be more male dominated so the winning character will probably be male but that is not a Guarantee. The age of the main character will practically decide the age of the other major characters. The age I am thinking of is between 13-17 years of age.

I apologize for not posting that up above.

Also another thing I did not post above which I should have is that when the winner is decided I will be pming them a lot until the mini story is over. Every chapter will be sent to them when it is roughly finished so to make sure that the wining character have the personality and act (immature vs mature) is to the liking of the contest winner. Also, when it is all said and done if they have any preference of a way to distribute it for free (a certain website or something) they will have their way in that.

• Upvote 1

I have an OC you can borrow. (whether or not he can be easily drawn is still to be decided.)

His name is Inferno (but he goes by Fern), I imagine him to be 16-17, but hey, he doesn't have a real age, so that's up to you. He's a complicated guy though, and I'm a bit too lazy to really write about him now. His story hasn't been written yet. And I am planning to use him for something, so if he interests you, just use his name and looks.

inferno_by_iluvshadowclaw-d51jk65.jpg

Okay guys we are starting to fill up a folder with manga characters and we have 31 days left in the contest. These characters are so good I am just glad I will have friends to help me judge these because they are all so good.

On another note I have a question for Shinichi Natake.

In an earlier post you called me Daneko-San which surprised me. Because of doing research for this manga I've learned that -San is a suffix which means equal. But although you know my username is Dcat instead of typing Dcat-San you decided to type Daneko-San. I'm just curious why you called me Daneko.

Okay guys we are starting to fill up a folder with manga characters and we have 31 days left in the contest. These characters are so good I am just glad I will have friends to help me judge these because they are all so good.

On another note I have a question for Shinichi Natake.

In an earlier post you called me Daneko-San which surprised me. Because of doing research for this manga I've learned that -San is a suffix which means equal. But although you know my username is Dcat instead of typing Dcat-San you decided to type Daneko-San. I'm just curious why you called me Daneko.

Neko is cat in Japanese. That's probably part of her reasoning. :P Are you sure you're fine with me submitting something I've drawn before? I could draw something new if you really want me to...

You can enter as many drawings as you'd like lol. The contest is just to find the best main character that is easyish to draw, not the best drawer.

That's a good sketch. Honestly I thought the side was better then the front, but what do I know. In the voting If it was which head section was better I might have have lost 3-1 lol. I suggest keep drawing when you have the time.

That's a good sketch. Honestly I thought the side was better then the front, but what do I know. In the voting If it was which head section was better I might have have lost 3-1 lol. I suggest keep drawing when you have the time.

Really? Thanks. Well I suppose the image I had for the side view didn't really match with my image in my head, which is why I thought that it was bad. Well I'll continue with some designs for the clothing then. Not all that important though since if you decide to change the personality of the character, the clothing should change along with it. XD

These entries were so good it took us a few extra days to pick the best. The winner has been decided...

Akai Sera user_popup.png

Aeyra user_popup.png

Rye user_popup.png

and

Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief user_popup.png

have both tied.

The 1st and 2nd place entries were both so good we had to have an extra judge to decide the winner.

Akai Sera user_popup.png

I will be contacting you shortly about what the Manga story would be about and to get as many details about your character.

I will also be sending you the first chapter of the Manga to you after that. It will be the introduction of your character and stuff.

It's ok. Never thought I'd even end up in the Top 3. And congrats, Sera-neechan! :)