Detective Conan World
Berumotto

Tell us a secret about you!

haha, yeah.

she's definitely wasn't the most... pleasant thing to witness.

All I'm worried about for senior year are those college apps. After those are done, I'm going to kick the bucket and prop my legs up on a stool for the rest of the year. Gotta make the best out of it, lol. I hope things will be good on your end as well!

It gets a bit frustrating at times, but I'm sure our parents mean well, haha.

Ohh, I remember using a similar website. If I recall correctly, it was called futureme.org--where you would type a message to "future you" and it would email it to you years later.

It's always nice to have a real person to vent to, but it makes me feel rather crummy putting my burdens on someone. It's probably why I don't vent to my friends often. I'm not gonna lie--typing on a word doc can get lonely at times, lol.

I don't want to apply this generalization to all adults though. A lot of the teachers at our school tend to be able to empathize with most students, and I can definitely attest for that. It's probably because most of them went through the same experiences that we're going through, and it has certainly helped me through some rough times.

Yeah I can imagine most people probably relax a ton after all their college applications are sent in. 

True, parents can still be a little frustrating from time to time though orz

I've heard of those types of websites. If I'm not mistaken the Animal Crossing games had something similar to that too. I remember you could send letters to your future self and while I never tried it myself, it was always a cool little feature c:

Yeah, actually getting comforted when you're upset is always kinda nice especially since it can be a reminder that the person you're venting to cares enough to take the time to listen. That feeling like a burden aspect of venting to someone though is really dissuading though. 

And yeah, teachers seem to be the exception to that though in my experience. Like the more the adult's around teenagers, the more they tend to not brush them off as easily. It's nice you've had teachers that have helped you through hard periods of time! c: They do seem to be understanding for the most part c:

I sleep best when my room is as dark and quiet as possible

for me: dark and loud

I took a cough drop and took it outta the wrapper. Licked/spit on it and put it back in the wrapper and offered it to someone. They ate it

I took a cough drop and took it outta the wrapper. Licked/spit on it and put it back in the wrapper and offered it to someone. They ate it

My reaction to both of these things...

QfMce28.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yeah I can imagine most people probably relax a ton after all their college applications are sent in. 

True, parents can still be a little frustrating from time to time though orz

I've heard of those types of websites. If I'm not mistaken the Animal Crossing games had something similar to that too. I remember you could send letters to your future self and while I never tried it myself, it was always a cool little feature c:

Yeah, actually getting comforted when you're upset is always kinda nice especially since it can be a reminder that the person you're venting to cares enough to take the time to listen. That feeling like a burden aspect of venting to someone though is really dissuading though. 

And yeah, teachers seem to be the exception to that though in my experience. Like the more the adult's around teenagers, the more they tend to not brush them off as easily. It's nice you've had teachers that have helped you through hard periods of time! c: They do seem to be understanding for the most part c:

I've never played Animal Crossing before, but I think it's interesting how they would implement such a feature into their games o:

The first time I used that website was freshman year (probably slated to send the message to me when I'm a senior). I only vaguely remember the contents of it though, lol.

I try to keep my venting to a minimum since my problems really shouldn't have to be their concern--especially if conversation feels like apples to oranges (ex. an electrician complaining to a marketer). But in all honesty, anyone's willingness to listen still means a lot to me. Just the fact that they're willing to listen for my sake is really heartwarming, haha.

Yeah! Most of the teachers around here understand the struggles we're going through (whether it's academically or even socially). My parents can't empathize with my problems at all, so being able to talk to an adult who's gone through similar experiences that I'm going through is just such a nice source of relief for me. Admittedly, I'm struggling a bit in my calc class right now, and it makes me feel so happy that my teacher not only doesn't look down on me, but also encourages me to keep going. He legitimately believes that I have the capability to get through the class, and it's really given me a lot of motivation to not give up, as corny as that sounds, haha.

the closest thing I've ever had to that experience was when I bit half an m&m in 3rd grade and some guy sitting across from me offered to eat it.

I grew up in a very urban environment, so the sound of bustling cars and construction was a weird source of comfort for me when I was sleeping.

hmm, now that I think about it, maybe that's why I'm a heavy sleeper.

the closest thing I've ever had to that experience was when I bit half an m&m in 3rd grade and some guy sitting across from me offered to eat it.

I grew up in a very urban environment, so the sound of bustling cars and construction was a weird source of comfort for me when I was sleeping.

hmm, now that I think about it, maybe that's why I'm a heavy sleeper.

I'm not really a heavy sleeper. Sometimes I don't kn ow if you can say I'm sleeping. I half sleep and half eavesdrop/listen to other people's convo

I am seriously considering of dropping out of the Science Olympiad States tournament. No matter how good it'll look on my high school application, the timing is causing so many problems for me.

I am seriously considering of dropping out of the Science Olympiad States tournament. No matter how good it'll look on my high school application, the timing is causing so many problems for me.

I thought it was around February?

Yes, time causes most of my school work problems for me. I always wish that I could control time, stop time, get a time machine

Yes, time causes most of my school work problems for me. I always wish that I could control time, stop time, get a time machine

Why don't we just ask Professor McGonagall for a time-traveling hourglass? Should solve the schedule conflicts quite well. (Granted that we don't accidentally give our past selves hallucinations or create a paradox, that is o.o)

Why don't we just ask Professor McGonagall for a time-traveling hourglass? Should solve the schedule conflicts quite well. (Granted that we don't accidentally give our past selves hallucinations or create a paradox, that is o.o)

We should. Oh, that would be a great help