Detective Conan World
HermioneXHaibara

Can you describe Haibara in one word??

I agree, but somehow I think it's still half and half. She would prefer to die to protect others because a.) she cares. and b.) she wanted to commit suicide in the beginning because of her sister anyways. I think even if she doesn't lean that way any more, the thought is still ingrained in some part of her mind.

It is because of this that she tends to assume the worst in many situations (e.g. Episodes 177, 231, 346, 435, 484) and/or toward various people (e.g. Episodes 242, 246, 427) - and when she does so, she often does not attempt to fight her assumptions, but instead succumb to them. That is why I would describe her as diffident - in other words, she has insufficient self-confidence, especially during times of crisis.

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

:-P :-P Cute! :-P :-P

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

She can be pretty damn cute. Though sometimes she acts a bit distant from everyone else. Reminds me of a person I know in real life...

As the subject says,

Can you describe Haibara in one word???What would that word be???

I'm just curios I wanna know the way you look at her by this topic! ^^

The word I would use to describe her would be COMPLICATION. In the series of Detective Conan, I always thought I knew Haibara inside out, but the more I think I know her, the more personality comes out of her....... She is always so cold, calm and cool, but in some episodes you see the soft/sweet side of her. Sometimes she could be SOO mature and serious and act our of her age, but other times she losens up and have fun. She is just a complicated person with a mind of her own. You never know what she is thinking and what she is going to do next.

The word I would use to describe her would be COMPLICATION. In the series of Detective Conan, I always thought I knew Haibara inside out, but the more I think I know her, the more personality comes out of her....... She is always so cold, calm and cool, but in some episodes you see the soft/sweet side of her. Sometimes she could be SOO mature and serious and act our of her age, but other times she losens up and have fun. She is just a complicated person with a mind of her own. You never know what she is thinking and what she is going to do next.

True, in other word:

UNPREDICTABLE

Desperate.

She wants to escape the BO entirely, and she wants to live a life without fear. She is also desperate for friendship.

Lost.

If you think about it, Haibara is truly lost. She has no family. The BO is after her. She doesn't feel she can truly trust anybody. She's always on her guard. She's on the run. She loves Hakase and the kids, but her fear is unquenchable. In all truth, it's like she has nowhere to go. Her purpose right now is to help Conan return to his true form, but that's not her goal. Without a goal in life, wouldn't we all be lost? She has no sister, so she cannot say she lives for her sister. I believe Haibara is independent enough to know not to live for others, she lives for herself. But...what does she have to live for? She attempted to commit suicide. Haibara probably doesn't even believe she has true friends, she would think that friends would keep no secrets from each other, which would X out the DB immediately. I believe that without friendship, you can conclude that she cannot find a purpose in the world. Somebody who's lost, especially someone like Haibara, would probably avoid contact with other people, would prefer to be in a secluded area.

That's why I think the best word for her would be "lost".