Detective Conan World
Orangeburst

Whodunit

It is up now...sorry if it is a bit messy and unclear cause I just bounced back from the flu:

There was a murder that occurred in a small household. The man murdered was an English foreigner by the name of Simon Baker.

The Inspector was puzzled; as there were two people who claimed they saw the murdered Mr. Baker at different times.

The first person was a foreign woman by the name of Lea. She claimed she saw Simon dead in the bedroom at 5:33 P.M, lying in his bed in a puddle of blood. She claimed she was just coming for a visit – the reason she preferred not to give, and the police did not press her, because she had an alibi.

At the estimated time of death – 7 P.M, her alibi was that she was playing a night game of tennis at 6:50 P.M on the tennis court, which was at a distance that it would be impossible to travel to the victim’s house in 10 minutes. Her opponent, a man who refused to give his name, confirmed this. Also, the tennis racket she used had her palm prints, the right hand prints on the bottom and the left hand prints on top.

The second person was a Japanese citizen with glasses by the name of Sumiyo Jii. He claimed that he saw Simon dead in the entryway at 7:47 P.M. An active trumpet player, Jii was going to show Simon a piece that he composed, when he entered and saw the deceased victim. He did not stay and report this to the police because of the snowstorm that was occurring – which started at about 7:30 P.M.

At the estimated time of death – 7 P.M, he had no valid alibi.

When the police came back with the forensics team at about 11:17 A.M, they saw another man who was an acquaintance with Simon. He was another English foreigner by the name of Max Lima.

The man claimed that he just heard that Simon was murdered. Like Jii, Max did not have an alibi.

When the Inspector came into the house after checking out Max, he noticed that the house was unusually hot. He checked with forensics that the house was at the same temperature at the time of death.

At that time, Conan came in and asked the three suspects a single question. To Lea, he asked, “Are you right-handed” after seeing Lea hold the cigarette with her right hand. The answer was yes.

To Sumiyo, he asked, “Do you always wear glasses”. Sumiyo immediately said yes, then pushed up his glasses like he thought the question was a stupid one.

To Max, he asked how he knew that Simon was dead. Max said that he just had a feeling.

There are three suspects, one criminal.

The suspects are Lea, Sumiyo Jii, and Max Lima. Now, who is the culprit?

Edited by xXLeration

typically, it ends up being the one who had the alibi... but I'm not sure I have enough information to make a definitive guess

also, it amuses me that you named the victim Simon Baker, since the real Mr Baker is in fact an Australian actor :P

typically, it ends up being the one who had the alibi... but I'm not sure I have enough information to make a definitive guessalso, it amuses me that you named the victim Simon Baker, since the real Mr Baker is in fact an Australian actor :P

Really? icon_eek.gif

Just for the record, here is how I came up with the names.

Simon Baker - A refrence to Holmes and Baker Street.

Lea - Whirligig

Max Lima - Max is a common name I use, and Lima sounds better then Max Bean. I made up the name while I believe was eating bean stew...

Sumiyo Jii - Jii came from MK, and the last name was made up at the last second.

"where was Simon Baker's body when the police arrived?" asked Detective Gin.

The body was found in neither the bedroom or the entryway, but the living room. In Mr. Simon's left pocket, he had a wallet full of cash. From this, the Inspector figured out the motive was not money. Mr. Simon was dressed up apparently to go outside.

Also, because Southpaw posted, I will give a rather valuable hint.

In tennis, if one hits from their dominant side, they will generally hit with a forehand grip. If they hit from the other side (their non-dominant side), beginners (like Lea) will typically use another grip other then forehand.

I call this grip southpaw, but most people have another name for it...

"Where the doors and windows locked?" asked Detective Gin.

The Inspector was mad at you for asking too many questions so he threw you out a window...sillyp1.gif jk

The window was locked. The door however, was open, and that is how Max Lima came inside.

Further investigation showed that neither the door or the windows were forced open.

Lea came and killed Simon at 5:33 P.M in his bedroom and left. Bot Simon did not die right away, He went out to get help but he died in the entryway, and that where he saw Sumiyo Jii's dead body. when the police came they saw Max Lima at the house, he somehow fond out that Lea killed Simon and since thy where all friends he decide to hide the evidence by bringing the body in and cleaning the blood.

Lea came and killed Simon at 5:33 P.M in his bedroom and left. Bot Simon did not die right away, He went out to get help but he died in the entryway, and that where he saw Sumiyo Jii's dead body. when the police came they saw Max Lima at the house, he somehow fond out that Lea killed Simon and since thy where all friends he decide to hide the evidence by bringing the body in and cleaning the blood.

Before I say whether your deduction is right or wrong, where is your evidence of this?

Missing facts (unless I totally overlooked them o.O):

- Cause of death? Was he stabbed or shot maybe? (since there's a puddle of blood on his bed)

- By:

She claimed she saw Simon dead in the bedroom at 5:33 P.M

Did you mean:

She claimed she saw Simon dead in the bedroom at 7:33 P.M

Since he was dead at around 7pm.

Some observations:

- Yeah, I actually thought about the grip thing too. Since she's right handed she would have put her right hand at the top and left hand at the bottom since more pressure is applied to the top of the handle on ball impact. This is in contradiction with the location of the palm prints found on the racket. Therefore, there's a hole in her alibi story (her opponent probably lied).

- Jii did not notify the police because of the snowstorm which started at 7:30pm, yet he entered the place around 7:47 to find the victim dead. Does that mean he disregarded the snowstorm to come the victim's house in the first place? And yet he did not bother reporting to the police? What about the phone btw? There weren't any phones in the house (or on him)? His reasons for not notifying the police are a bit shaky.

As a hunch, I'd say the murderer is Lea since she seems to have fabricated her alibi, while the others haven't, which means that if one of the guys was the culprit, he hadn't prepared anything for his crime, which is pretty risky (he should normally have lied or flee the place if he really did commit the crime).

I was soo triped out with the time as it Maurice explained but i was too tired to say anythin

I was also thinking about the tennis racket and which hand u use.

who is this alibi who refuses to give out his name

Cause of death? Was he stabbed or shot maybe? (since there's a puddle of blood on his bed)

The murder weapon was a 30 pound barbell. There were no fingerprints found on it. Only Max could lift the barbell with one hand, and Lea could not lift it at all. Jii could lift it with two hands.

The body was found in the living room, and there was no luminol reaction on the bed (as I said before).

Did you mean:
She claimed she saw Simon dead in the bedroom at 7:33 P.M

Since he was dead at around 7pm.

I was soo triped out with the time as it Maurice explained but i was too tired to say anythin

Lea refuses to tell the reason why she claimed she saw Simon dead at 5:33, which was before the time of death - 7.

Yeah, I actually thought about the grip thing too. Since she's right handed she would have put her right hand at the top and left hand at the bottom since more pressure is applied to the top of the handle on ball impact. This is in contradiction with the location of the palm prints found on the racket. Therefore, there's a hole in her alibi story (her opponent probably lied).
I was also thinking about the tennis racket and which hand u use.

Lea confessed that she did not go to the tennis court at 7.

who is this alibi who refuses to give out his name

Her "tennis opponent" is fleeing from the police, and has yet to be found.

Jii did not notify the police because of the snowstorm which started at 7:30pm, yet he entered the place around 7:47 to find the victim dead. Does that mean he disregarded the snowstorm to come the victim's house in the first place? And yet he did not bother reporting to the police? What about the phone btw? There weren't any phones in the house (or on him)? His reasons for not notifying the police are a bit shaky.

Mr. Rogers has a clinical problem which makes him increasingly intolerant to radio waves. Although he can stand everyday radio waves in his neighborhood, he does not have a phone or a cell phone.

Jii claims that his cell phone had ran out of battery at that time.

At this moment, I can say to all, and you may safely assume this: both Lea and Jii are lying about their witnessing of Simon's death.

Oh yeah, Maurice. Lea is getting a little steamed. icon_mrgreen.gif

She said something along the lines of "Find more evidence if you want to accuse me! Besides, I can't even use the murder weapon!"

Lea and Her accomplice. CASE CLOSED!

But, Cheesus, Lea is the only one of the three that can't even hold the murder weapon...unless you find a way she could use it, she cannot be made into the criminal...

could there have been a trick made with the time of death? Was the temp extremely high? Did Max come when the police did? Finally how did the police find out about the murder, how did Conan find out? i think i may be able to wrap up this case

could there have been a trick made with the time of death? Was the temp extremely high? Did Max come when the police did? Finally how did the police find out about the murder, how did Conan find out? i think i may be able to wrap up this case

Forsenics estimated the 90 degree temperature is not enough to manipulate the time of death.

Max was there before the police was.

The police figured out the murder by the mailman that found the door unlocked. Conan found out because he happened to be around.

I admit, one of the tricks I use is very cheap. icon_e_geek.gif

could Jii be the killer? He came and killed the victim,left the door open and left, Lea came found it chilly and bumped the heat found the victim dead, left and closed the door. Fearing who may have done it by maybe seeing a piece of evidence covered up for him by telling her false story to the police. Max comes and realizes its hot, saw the victim, closed the door, and left fearing the worst by seeing Lea leave. He didn't want to tell police much because of it. Jii wore gloves and a hat because it was cold outside, thus no fingerprints or hair.